Anna Mae MUMMERT
Anna Mae MUMMERT 3
Died at the Milton S. Hershey Medical Center.
Noted events in her life were:
• Residence: 641 E. Middle Street, 1927, Hanover, York County, Pennsylvania. 6
• Graduation: Eichelberger Senior High School, 1946, Hanover, York County, Pennsylvania. 7 In the school yearbook, it states: "This tall and husky lassie likes sports, one and all, But she exceeds in the game known as basketball." She participated in the Dancing Club, Home Nursing Club, Machine Shop Club, Girl Reserves, Girls' Chorus, Mixed Chorus, Girls' Bowling, and Girls' Sports. She "willed" her basketball ability to the future guards on the Black team.
• Occupation: Inspector at Doubleday & Co., Apr 1949-Mar 1951, Hanover, York County, Pennsylvania. 5
• Military Service: (U.S. Navy, Waves), 20 Mar 1951. 5 She received an Honorable discharge on 7 May 1951 after it was discovered she had diabetes.
• Residence: 64 Forry Avenue, 1951, Hanover, York County, Pennsylvania. 5
• Occupation: bookkeeper at the Hershey Medical Center Accounting Department, Abt 1969-1979, Hershey, Dauphin County, Pennsylvania.
• Organizations: Beta Sigma Phi (1950's-1990's); Church choir (1960's-1970's).
• Hobbies: oil painting, camping, and traveling.
Anna married Richard Davis THOMAS, son of William Edgar THOMAS and Ruth Sarah DAVIS, on 26 Jan 1952 in St. Paul's Lutheran Church, Hanover, York County, Pennsylvania.1 (Richard Davis THOMAS was born on 3 Jan 1924 in Shamokin, Northumberland County, Pennsylvania 8 9, baptized in Salem Reformed Church, Shamokin, Coal Township, Northumberland County, Pennsylvania,10 died on 24 Jul 1967 in Hershey, Dauphin County, Pennsylvania 9 11 and was buried on 27 Jul 1967 in Rest Haven Cemetery, Hanover, York County, Pennsylvania 11.)
Married by Rev. Paul Levi Faulk. Witnessed by Robert E Thomas, Elmer B. Thomas (brothers of groom), and Helen L. Huff (friend of bride).
Anna next married Darvin Thomas HEIM, son of Osvin Roy HEIM and Clara Birdie KEMP, on 24 Feb 1979 in Trinity United Church of Christ, Palmyra, Lebanon County, Pennsylvania.2 (Darvin Thomas HEIM was born on 13 Nov 1931 in Sunbury, Northumberland County, Pennsylvania 12, baptized on 14 Feb 1932 in Zion Lutheran Church, Sunbury, Northumberland County, Pennsylvania 6 and died on 6 May 2003 in York, York County, Pennsylvania 12.)
1 Family data, Richard and Anna Thomas Family Bible, The Holy Bible, Family Heritage Edition, (New York: Wm. H. Wise & Co., Inc., 1947), Family Register section, Marriage Page.
2 Darvin Heim and Anna Thomas, Marriage Certificate, No. 59340, (1979), Clerk of Orphan's Court of Lebanon County, Pennsylvania.
3 Family data, Richard and Anna Thomas Family Bible, The Holy Bible, Family Heritage Edition, (New York: Wm. H. Wise & Co., Inc., 1947).
4 Anna M Heim, Certificate of Death, No. 4723666, 1998, Department of Heath, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
5 Anna Mae Mummert, Report of Separation from the Armed Forces of the United States, 1951, U.S. Navy.
6 Anna Mae Heim [Thomas / Mummert], Family data sheets, 1985.
7 The 1946 Nornir (Hanover, Pennsylvania: Eichelberger Senior High School, 1946), 32, 92.
8 Richard Davis Thomas, Certification of Birth, File No. 0168260-1924, (1924), Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Department of Health, Vital Records.
9 Familytreemaker.com, Social Security Death Index Search Results, <www2.familytreemaker.com/ssdi_cgi/ssdi.exe> (5 Mar 2000), Entry for Thomas, Richard.
10 Letter from Dorothy Thomas to her nephew, Richard D. Thomas, Jr., Various Thomas family information, 2000, Chambersburg, Pennsylvania.
11 Richard D Thomas, Certificate of Death, File No. 066900-67 (1967), Department of Health, Vital Statistics, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
12 Darvin Thomas Heim, Local Registrar's Certification of Death (Cert. No T 5400533, 2003, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Department of Health).